Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I have been awarded....

Tara, a fellow blogger with the most beautiful blog I have never seen called Tara's View of the World...no I'm serious, it looks like a scrapbooker's delight...sent me this award. Thanks!Now I'm sending it on to a few blogs I enjoy because when you receive the prize, you write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. And then you choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design showing their names and links.
In random order my winners are....drum roll please....
I was just recently introduced to Carla's blog Here Am I. She has an oustanding blog about life on the prairies, raising three young children and being a farmer's wife. I love it because my heart resonates with the stories of small town living in Saskatchewan. FYI - Carla came to camp at Arlington Beach as a kid :)
My mother-in-law wins with her blog Free to Be Me. She's probably the most avid blogger I know. She posts about life as a grandma and a retiree and always ends her posts with a prayer - something that makes her unique! Mom and Dad have been to our cottage at Arlington and helped us with renovations - thanks!
Kathy, my birth mom, has a blog called The Leprecaun Lady in honor of her Irish roots. She posts about all about life on the prairies and being a grandma as well and keeps us updated on life back home. Kathy also visits us each summer at Arlington and the picture below was taken in our cottage there.
Lana has started a blog recently, Adventures in Paradise, about living here in Malaysia. Even though we live so close together and are involved in a lot of the same activities, I check her blog, she checks mine. I think she has damaging pics from the Bulgarian restaurant....Did I mention she worked for us at Arlington??

Colleen is the author of Finding A Voice. She's a poet, musician, writer...let's just say she's gifted and blesses others with those gifts. And she lives with our favorite potter, her brother Jeff, whose blog is wonderfully entitled The Endless Ever. He doesn't post often but when he does, his pictures are stunning. Their connection to Arlington? Their parents were directors before us, we lived in the the house their parents built lakeside and both contribute their time to the ministry.

Last but definitely not least (because this was the first blog I ever read), is Jordon's blog, which is apparently one of the most read blogs in all of Canada. Politics, religion, sports, social issues - it makes me think deeply and beyond myself. Jordon and Wendy bought a cottage at Arlington this past summer.

7 comments:

trendoffice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Seven degrees of Arlington Beach . . . . . there always seems to be a connection

Colleen McCubbin said...

Thanks for the tag, Shauna. I'll work on my list this weekend.

Anita said...

Thanks for the award! I'm honored.

Tarasview said...

hmmm... it's almost like you've been to Arlington beach or something?? :) I checked out the other blogs- good list!

Carla said...

Thankyou for the honor...does that mean I'm brilliant..or my blog..or the blog award....hmmm. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do though. I don't understand how I put it in a post and pass it on. um maybe I'm not so brilliant after all.
p.s thanks for the comment on my blog...there you go again putting wacky ideas in my head. I'll never rule out anything that God wants to do through me...but it does make me laugh...it would have to be 100% him since I can't even put together a proper sentence or spell brilliant. :)

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
(Even but they she may act too shy and redden for those times when all your family share her, this do nothing more than means that you've touched her emotionally.)