Wednesday, November 05, 2008

In my last post, I mentioned the cute things our kids do. Here is one in the category of 'special' or 'memorable'. Kaleb received this hand written note tonight from a younger dorm brother:

Thank you for being a great person in my life. You show me where I go wrong and you are encouraging at other times. I am thankful that I know you.

Isn't that amazing? Kaleb has written a note back and is leaving it on his brother's bed with a bedtime treat. That's what I love about this job - it makes up for all the late nights, academic issues and discipline problems.

2 comments:

Anita said...

I know the feeling of receiving a nice note...Sydney wrote one to me this past weekend. I told her I'll keep it forever!I think it might be even more special for a teenage boy to get one from a younger boy... Thanks for sharing.

lanagummeson said...

THat makes me feel encouraged too! That was what Aunt Lana time was last night and you never know if they will see how their words of encouragement can touch another's life.... And I don't know what picture you think means I am dead meat but if your other followers want to check my blog out they might be able to help me figure it out at lanagummeson.blogspot.com Love you too! :)