Friday, September 05, 2008

Merdeka weekend

The girls and I had a little pool party on Sunday afternoon. We had snacks and drinks poolside and then got in the water to cool off. I tried to get them to do synchronized swimming routines - even made one up myself - but they weren't interested on standing on their hands underwater while twirling around. What give with that????
We had a barbecue later that afternoon which was a nice treat to be together in our own dorm for a meal and not down in the noisy cafeteria.
Kaleb's journalism teacher was giving away six older iMac's on a first come, first serve basis. We emailed back immediately and were third in line to get the "MacGrape" for Kaleb. He's absolutely thrilled and had it up and running right away. It doesn't have the latest creative graphic programs on it but its great for all the things Kaleb wants to do with it.

On a boring holiday Monday afternoon, when the 'no computer use' sign goes up, LEGO is a great option. Nathan, Laurian and Sabrina occupied themselves with Kaleb's drawer of LEGO for two solid hours. Talk about good play value for your money!!

2 comments:

lanagummeson said...

Everything here at your blog means more to me now that I am here! INCLUDING you! :) How do I post a link on my blog to your blog ? I'm new at this! :)

Christy said...

I'm relieved to know that Cole's lego can remain utilized longer term. Too funny. :o)