Friday, April 18, 2008

Good customer service

Living in Asia, we have become familiar with the lack of customer service and when good customer service does happen, it is a pure delight. So was my experience on the phone late last night ordering a part for our GE oven that is broken. We needed the igniter piece and had previously found out it was in Toronto. I just learned yesterday that parents of a Dalat student are in Toronto for meetings for only another day. A quick email to them confirmed they would be happy to courier the piece back to Malaysia if it could arrive at their meeting spot before they left. YAHOO! So I called the store in Toronto and when the woman on the other end learned she was working in a tight time frame with someone halfway around the world who desperately needed this part, she pulled out all the stops to get me the igniter piece even though the part number I gave her didn't match any of her records. Finally she and her parts manager found what I needed and were more than happy to UPS it across the city to our friends. She also is locating another piece we would like to have and will pick up this summer when we are back in Canada. Thank you to Lynn and the parts guy at the Dixie Road GE store in Mississauga, ON, for efficient and friendly service!!

2 comments:

Pam and Gene said...

That kind of service is far and few between, and great to get.
Gene

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.