Monday, February 04, 2008

Pass out the earplugs

Annie and I, along with 35 other students and two adults, boarded a bus for Kuala Lumpur on Saturday morning to catch Switchfoot in concert later that night. The concert was being held in the KL Convention Centre attached to the Petronas Twin Towers. We arrived early so we all hit the mall (mostly for a Burger King feast) and then stood in line with over 3,000 others to get in and stake out a small piece of standing room as close to the stage as possible. The opening two local bands weren't my style so I left for a bit to grab a Starbucks ice blend. Switchfoot was actually very good in concert - great showmanship, good music, lots of fun. I didn't even use the earplugs I took - Uncle Tim S needed more than I did! We didn't get home until 4 a.m. Sunday morning so both Annie and I were walking zombies most of the day.



No comments: