Thursday, January 31, 2008

Stuff

We are reading with interest and concern the online news of the terribly bitter winter weather hitting Saskatchewan this past week. -52C windchills...UGH! While we do miss snow in general, we certainly don't miss the awful cold. Yesterday, it was a lovely +32C with a refreshing ocean breeze. My mind can't remember or comprehend the cold temps we used to live through. In fact, I have obviously transitioned so well to this climate that I use a blanket in our room where the air con keeps the temp at +24C.

Tomorrow Annie and I head to KL with another 36 people to the Switchfoot concert. I'm the female chaperone :) While I'm happy to go along and enjoy the bus ride with the kids, standing for 4 hours at a loud concert doesn't really excite me..... thank goodness Tim brought some ear plugs that he used to use at IPSCO! I'm going to bed early tonight since we won't get home til 4 a.m. Sunday morning.

Softball starts on Monday and we have a group of new girls trying out this semester. That should be lots of fun, except that I'm on my own for the Monday practice without Coach Mark. Hopefully we make good progress! The ladies indoor soccer is now in full swing and I realize how out of shape I am after the holidays. I'm helping with volleyball on Wednesdays since Annie, Kirsten and Marigan are all playing. Kaleb is playing guys softball and has convinced a bunch of his Korean friends to give it a try.

Kaleb, along with 3 other boys and one teacher, wrote the play that is being performed this semester. So Kaleb opted to help direct instead of act and he's quite stoked about that. The title? What I Wouldn't Give for a Monkey Love Potion!

Laura is in New York state, interviewing for a large scholarship at a college there. She is doing the quick turn-around to get back here to school - left Wednesday night, back Tuesday morning,. She's pure genius, doing calculus calculations in her head so we have no doubt that she'll be on the receiving end of some money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a busy life you lead! I am impressed that Kaleb is branching out to writing and directing - good for him.