Thursday, August 23, 2007

Chics rule...

'cause two of them conquered Kuala Lumpur by themselves yesterday. Aunt Vi and I decided a trip to IKEA was in order to get some furniture and other household things. So we left before 8 am, after preparing breakfast, and made it home by 9 pm. We didn't get lost in KL which is a feat in itself - a city of three million people, busy freeways, tons of one way streets and quite poor signage. The downside is that the trip was almost five hours one way so we spent a significant part of our day inside the van. The upside is that I got some new furniture for our bedroom - a TV bench with shelves and matching dresser. Now we can part with all the odds and ends that we scavenged last year to make do. Next trip I'll go for the matching bedside tables. To appease the husbands and all the kids, we brought back fresh donuts from The Big Apple Donut Shop. So we sugared up the kids and sent them to bed!! What a way to end the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that I pray for you every day that I am on the internet because every day that I am on the internet I rush to see if you have written anything? And then I pray. I love reading about your adventures and am also praying about if there is a place for me to serve at Dalat. I was more than a little intrigued by the possibility, especially of being on the dorm staff or teaching staff, and will be keeping an eye on the needs there for next year. Do they need bakers in the cafeteria? My boyfriend is a baker (but might not be just a boyfriend for too long - thus will be in the plans). 100 Congrats to Kaleb for his famous first week of gr. 11. :) Blessings on Blessings! :) Lana

Anonymous said...

new furniture means we need new pictures . . .