Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wednesday update

We are tired and sore from so much painting. Tim did the lounge and hallway by himself. I tackled one part of the kitchen today. We love the color in the lounge but I wasn't too excited by what I had picked for the bottom half of the kitchen walls. It looked strange and not what I envisioned. Tim told me to wait it out - that the color would darken - and so it did. Its not too bad now although I think over the course of time I will still wish I had of changed it to something else. Time will tell!

I drove the motorbike for the first time tonight. Its a lot of fun but I'm still quite jerky when I change gears. And I haven't yet learned how to start it. Since I didn't have my glasses on, I couldn't drive past dusk so I let Tim take over then and he headed for Baskin Robbins for an ice cream break after our busy day.

The last two nights we have watched the Tommy Douglas story on Hallmark. Very interesting although I'm not sure everything is accurate. We were waiting to see Dad and Adam, since they played extras. Never saw Dad but there was a great shot of Adam's face at the graveyard scene. RH Thomson played the main doctor involved in the strike - I spoke to him at Globe Theatre during Wingfield's Follies. We recognized him as someone famous but couldn't place his name so, being the bold one in our crowd, I struck up a conversation and got the details of his life and the film. Very nice gentleman.

Tomorrow's agenda includes more painting - I have to figure out what kind of border to paint in the kitchen between the 'raspberry purple' and 'orchid white'. And Tim has a quick second coat for the lounge and hallway. It covered very well so it won't take much. All the trimwork is what will suck up our time! We have a can of the sandstone green left over so may tackle our bedroom with that if we are in the mood. I'd post pictures of our progress but first of all, we gave the digital camera to Annie after she begged to take it with her on her journies. And second, Blogger still isn't allowing me to post pictures - I see others are able to do it so I'm not sure what has happened at this end.

Bye for now. Happy day to all!

1 comment:

Kate said...

The "raspberry purple" sounds very interesting! Good for you getting all that out of the way. I know what you mean about posting pics...I have had my share of fights with it as well. Then all of a sudden it just works. Have a great day...from your mum in the deep deep depths of flood and hail claims.