Thursday, September 18, 2008

This week at Chandler

Varsity guys football (ie soccer) practice at College General, the Catholic Seminar that allows us to use their big field. The boys run the 3km there and then do one hour of drills before scrimmaging. Kaleb absolutely loves the physical challenge of it all.OK, this was way too hilarious - Kaleb wanted the boys do to some strengthening exercises tonight after study hall. Here we have them doing 'plank' - only elbows and toes touching the ground. They are to hold this position for 2 minutes. Laurian and Nathan dropped out at 30 seconds, Alan at 2 minutes and Tim and Kaleb just over three minutes. I think they will all be hurting tomorrow.

Then they decided to do sit-ups and Laurian kept us all in stitches with his funny comments like "my head is too heavy" and "I'm upgrading my body" and "air is life - take a deep breath"!! He and Nathan did over 200 each trying to beat one another but finally gave up when Laurian decided that his sweat was weighing him down too much!
The girls got comfy for a good chick flick. At intermission, they made dill pickle popcorn, a huge favorite around here.
On our day off, we went to the mall for supper and Kaleb saw this Mercedes roadster. Pretty nice, eh?

1 comment:

Carla said...

Great blog and pictures. Thanks for visiting my site and leaving a comment :) Definately something to think about for future possibilities. Years ago my husband and I had thought about being dorm parents at RVA in Kenya (my husband had spent 6 months working in Africa and had visited the school)we applied....but we were too young and too inexperienced. They were totally right. God had some growing us up to do :) Right now we are hoping to return to Mexico were we lived three years ago working at an orphanage. We are hoping to take our family down in our trailer for a 6 month stay next winter....then we'll see where that takes us. But above all I want to follow Gods leading above my own ideas:) It seems like a great place to have school age kids. Is the school often looking for dorm parents ? my email is ncburlando@hotmail.com