Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Take a second look

Today I attended the International Women of Penang's Christmas party. I was sent as a representative of Dalat along with the admissions coordinator, Lydia. It was held "32 @ The Mansion" - a lovely restaurant in a fully restored colonial building. The ladies choir performed Christmas carols, we ate to our heart's content at a four course lunch and chatted with a bunch of other ladies from all over the world. At one point, I turned around and thought I saw my mom. My heart nearly stopped! I took a second look and realized that, while this lady wasn't my mom, she could easily double for her twin. So I introduced myself and told this friendly lady (named Jill) that she had a twin living on the prairies in Canada. Funny enough, she replied this isn't the first time she's been told that she looks like someone else!! Jill's glasses were red - so are my mom's. Jill was tall - so is my mom. She was wearing similar style clothing to what my mom would choose and to boot, comfortable, practical shoes - always a must for my mom. Her choice of hairstyle, her jewellery... well, let's just say it was a little freaky. The biggest differences: Jill, being British, speaks with a thick English accent and lives in Penang. My mom speaks good old regular English :) and is halfway around the world from me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom,
I saw something that was different about that ladyin the picture. Her hand bag, it was small not big. Nana's hand bags are bigger and you can wear them on your back, and a side bag.They have a zipper that goes the whole way up and down. That was the first thing i saw that was different, and the one thing i saw that was different about the two people. When i first looked i really thought that was Nana, or that she had a twin, i didn't know of at the time. That is so creepy!!
My friend, Magen, said that everyone has a twin, you just don't know it. Sometimes you don't even find your twin. So, the point of all that was that you (my mother) found Nana's twin. Your twin doesn't have to be from the same country or anything. It just will look the same and stuff. Cause really you can't have a twin that you don't know of or anything (unless it was a family thing, but the ones i am talkign about are not). Thats my thoughts, until next time.
This Annie Archer, with her own news. Thank-you and good night.
(i have always wanted to say that)

ladybird39pm said...

hi It has been a long time can't seem to make comme3nts on your post just want you to know read your posts and pray

ladybird39pm said...

I finally made a post discovered Ihave to use my whole e mail address to make it work . so you will be hearing from me a bit more often. We are wintering in Corpus Christi Texas, Gave up the janitor job at the church. Sold our home and now are full time RVers. Bought a fifth wheel and truck. We will spend the summers in Regina
Pat Miller

Anonymous said...

Hi, when I first saw her picture, I though she looked like your Mom when she was younger. This was before I read anything.
Maybe your Mom will have to go over there and surprise you,ha.
CE