Saturday, August 11, 2007

Little time left

We think we are almost ready for our students....repeat, we think. I'm sure at the last moment we'll remember something important to do but for now, we are blissfully happy about our dorm and our plans for this semester. The lounge is amazing. I'll post pictures soon. We added a shelving unit that holds games, puzzles, DVD's and a random collection of books. New pictures are on the newly painted walls and a couple new lamps give a homey ambience to the place.

On Thursday afternoon, we got the brilliant idea to rearrange the dorm study room plus our personal office. One thing leading to another, which always happens, we now have two smaller desks in our office and the large beast has been moved to the study room to hold two computers. Its amazing but both rooms have more space and are far more efficient. I think I've mentioned before how I cannot function in chaos and inefficiency so this is a huge blessing to me. The only downside is that the 4 drawer filing cabinet, which now only holds one drawer of hanging files, is in our bedroom. And if you know me well, that just won't do so I'll have to figure something out.

The kitchen is bright and cheery. The raspberry is really growing on me although I seriously need to find a good accent color soon. I created a wall hanging and had it printed with the saying "Plenty and grace be to this place". We pick it up from the framers tomorrow and I'm hoping it will look as good in reality on the kitchen wall as it does in my mind. If not, there's not turning back now!!

Abbie is apparently here in Penang. Kaleb has spied her with Alan, her younger brother, who is new to our dorm. We have already hugged Naomi - she'll move in on Monday. Santi, Nathan and Laura are all coming on a late flight tomorrow night. Another new boy, Ben, flies in on Monday morning and Tim will pick them up. Kirsten and Sarah come later on Monday and we have no idea about Laurian and Marigan yet.

The junior class officially kicked off their fundraising efforts by making freezies - 530 of them which will sell in about 3 days!!! Any juniors who were around got the call and 5 responded - Kaleb being one of them. He had a great time and even tasted his orange/cherry mix.

Annie continues to be dead tired - sleeping during the day and early in the evening. If this is jetlag, it has lasted a long time. Maybe she's growing, too. Right now, while she's awake, she's slowly wearing us down with the "Please can I have a dog" mantra. Our biggest concern is what we would do with it when we pack up and head for Canada in the summer. Stay tuned on this one.

That's the Saturday night report.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds awesome....and I really want some chocolate raspberry paint for myself...it just sounds enticing!!! God bless during the transition as students move back in.

Anita said...

You sound very busy and loving it! I didn't realize your students were arriving back already. So there's never a dull moment. All your moving furniture around sounds like you! Someday we'll see it all!!!

Anonymous said...

Mommmm, Halieghhhhh has a doggggg!
Whyyyy can't IIIIIII? : )
Good luck with that one. You're right, travel and making arrangements for the dog will be challenging.