Friday, June 22, 2007

It's official...again

I had to go to the doctor for a prescription change and because I didn't have any documentation of osteopenia that I had been diagnosed with six years ago, my doctor felt strongly that I should undergo another bone density exam. It wasn't that she didn't believe me, it was just that she needed a baseline and, not having seen anyone my age with this condition, she wanted the hard evidence in front of her. So I had another bone density scan. The procedure is painless and I didn't have to wait days for an appointment. And by the afternoon, my results were in and (drum roll please...) Yes, my spine is osteopenic! Actually the results of the tests six years ago put my spine at about 57 years old, my wrists at 45 and my hips at 20 - they were great!! The same results came yesterday. So its back to the same regime I've been on - HRT to maintain what bone integrity I have, weight bearing exercises and lots of calcium. I'm not excited about the HRT but then again, I'm not excited about a broken hip either.

1 comment:

Kate said...

idGood for Kaleb and Annie making the most of their summer days in Canada. I am looking forward to having her next week and will phone tonite ...I meant to phone her last week but working so much OT got in my way. Glad the painting is over and you only have 9 sleeps till you come home...am I right...I think you are in the middle of a sleep right now. Lots of love