Saturday, April 07, 2007

Birthday happenings

OK, I actually woke up this morning and started to make breakfast, forgetting that it was my birthday. That is until I got a call from home (thanks Mom and Dad). I thought perhaps there was an emergency but no!! They were calling to say 'Happy Birthday' and then my brain fog cleared and Eureka! I remembered. So after the phone call, I made a scrumptious coffee cake, ate some of it, relaxed a bit, went for a walk, showered and made lunch. I also checked my email and snail mail....thanks to everyone else who sent greetings! When my Dalat homepage opened, the happy birthday song played and words scrolled across the screen wishing me a good day. Our IT guy is far too genuis :)

I had booked batik painting for the girls a few weeks back and it just so happened my birthday was the only Saturday that worked. So this was my birthday party with Annie, Kirsten, Naomi, Monay, Marigan and Sarah. We were missing Abbie who's in Singapore visiting cousins. Only Annie and I had done this before so it was a great experience for the other girls, all who have very creative.

When we came home, I sat out at the pool with good friend, Tibbett, chatting and praying as we watched her girl in the pool. After a great pizza supper, I watched The Passion of the Christ over at Ziemer dorm with some of my girls who wanted to do this in preparation for Easter Sunday. Now I'm in an empty dorm, blogging with my worship music cranked, with everyone else out swimming, playing basketball and just hanging around together.

It's been a good day - I received flowers, a scarf, a magazine, chocolate and new shoes for the upcoming banquet. And earlier this week I purchased the first season of "Law and Order" DVD's which we have been enjoying so that was a gift to myself!


1 comment:

Anita said...

Happy, happy birthday! It sounds like you had a good day and I think you deserved it.