Saturday, March 03, 2007

What was I thinking??

Last Friday night, Monay and I were the movie review committee for The Pursuit of Happyness. The show didn't open to around midnight so we got to the theatre at about 11:20 pm only to find that the movie actually didn't begin until 12:45 pm. UGH!! We sat in McDonald's eating French fries to stay awake. The movie was awesome but it was almost 4 a.m. by the time my head hit the bed. But a late, late, late night like that only happens once in a blue moon right? So I told myself that it was OK.

Fast forward to last night. The juniors had their workbee lock-in in the chapel. They were making decorations for the big Junior Senior banquet in April but only had the two male class sponsors for chaperones all night. So I volunteered to go down and sleep with the girls after they had put the materials away for the decorations (the theme is a huge secret and no one can find out in advance). I headed down at 12:15 a.m. with five pillows and a blanket, found my spot on the floor on the girls' side of the chapel and hoped for sleep. But a couple of movies were on the agenda first so again it was well after 3 a.m. before I nodded off. And I was up and out of there by 7:40 a.m. to watch the dorm while Tim did some maintenance work this morning.

Needless to say, I am tired, very tired. But I am happy to report that this coming Friday night I will not be in the chapel sleeping on the floor. How do I know? Because this Friday night is the sophomore class lock-in. Kaleb is on the planning committee and he's made it abundantly clear that his mom will NOT be chaperoning that event. At first I was saddened by the thought of not being a part of the great fun but right now, I'm rejoicing that I'll be in my own bed at a decent time!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Well, I am happy to know I was not alone in the lack of sleep department this past week. I missed nites sleep this week with sick children. Kerri & Darren are in Mexico...Luke, Levi and Piper are never sick...go figure..Piper came home from school on Tuesday with the grade one bug!! Who knew that there was so much in a small child's stomach!! I had to take Piper to the hospital at 11PM for gravol...he was soooo very ill and continued to throw up until 4:30am. Wednesday was pretty much a write off. Thursday am Levi called from school that he had the same bug and once again "Who Knew" there could be so much in a tummy. Needless to say I have been cleaning constantly and doing laundry. I just nicely got all cleaned up when I got sick. Today Luke is sick...however, Luke has a temp of 102 and I may have to take him to the hospital...I think he might have apendicitis...I don't think Kerri and Darren will want me back!! Hope you got caught up on your rest Shauna...